Dinner Tonight: June 4, 2021
Savory Mug Cakes
These savory “mug cakes” aren’t really cakes at all — they’re more like individual souffles or omelets in a cup! Use the recipe as a template to customize with your family’s favorite ingredients. Try different vegetables, tiny cubes of cooked meats like ham or sausage, and cheese. These make a great dinner or breakfast when time is tight. And the best part is, kids and adults can each make their own!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 2 tablespoons pesto, pureed roasted vegetables, shredded cheese or other mix-ins of your choice
- pinch of salt
- In a mug or coffee cup, microwave the butter for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the scrambled egg.
- Swirl in the pesto. For a variation, try adding a couple of tablespoons of roasted vegetable puree, some shredded cheese, or experiment with finely diced vegetables and cooked meats.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Microwave for 1 minute, until the egg is set.