Dinner Tonight: September 1, 2020
Pan Fried Pork and Bean Burritos
This recipe is from our friend Clancy Harrison, dietitian and writer at CookingWithClancy.com. Make her pulled pork recipe in advance to make this a fast and easy meal for a busy night.
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cooked in slow cooker ahead of time
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup pork broth from cooking
- 1 can refried beans (16 oz)- can substitute pinto beans or black beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 in)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Cook pork in a slow cooker on medium for 8 hours or until done. Let cool and shred with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork, broth, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture on tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and fold the sides.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil. Brown the burritos on all sides.
- Serve with salsa, greek plain yogurt, or your favorite rice dish.
Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil. Freeze in a plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil, place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a plate and heat in microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once.