Avocado and Mango Salsa
This beautiful, surprising salsa mixes the vibrant juiciness of mango with the green creaminess of avocado and a little bit of tangy citrus. Use it as a topping on a grain bowl or quesadilla, scoop it up with whole-grain chip, or top greens with it for a delicious salad. The recipe comes to us from our friends at ChopChop Magazine!
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the avocado, mango and tomatoes, and feta cheese, if using, in a bowl and gently stir with a large spoon.
- Drizzle with the oil, lemon or lime juice, salt, and pepper. Now taste it. Does it need more lemon or lime juice? More salt or pepper? If so, add it and taste again.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours or serve right away, over grains or greens.