Summer Bean & Corn Salad
“This recipe is a favorite in my household. I bring it to potlucks and picnics, or sometimes I make a big batch and eat it all week. You can serve it plain, with tortilla chips, or in a burrito or quesadilla for a more complete meal.
While the official recipe calls for white balsamic vinegar and white pepper, I’ve used regular balsamic vinegar and black pepper and it’s still delicious!”
This recipe comes to us from former FDP team member Grace Taylor.
Serves 4-6 (as a side dish)
- Frozen or fresh corn kernels (from 4-6 ears of corn)
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, chopped in small cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp. white pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic salt, or to taste
- 15 oz black beans (if dried, follow instructions to soak; if canned, drained)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 red pepper, chopped (optional)
- Microwave corn according to package directions and drain. If using fresh corn, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil.Add the corn and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.
- Combine ingredients. Proportions may be altered as desired.