Dinner Tonight: March 29, 2016
Pasta with Oil and Garlic
Make this fantastically simple recipe as-is or mix it up! This pasta can be altered to suit whatever you have on hand. Toss in some veggies, leftover cooked meats or some beans and voila! A complete meal in minutes. The recipe calls for linguine, but I love to make this simple dish with tricolored farfalle, pictured above.
This recipe was provided by Ramona Hamblin. Check out more of her recipes in her cookbook: just cook here’s how.
- 1 lb. of linguine
- ½ cup olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped (if you don’t have any on hand, throw in ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Gently heat oil in a large pan, sauté garlic and crushed pepper if using for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley (if using), salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese and salad.