This recipe comes to us from cooking instructor April Hamilton who writes, “Jump start this by putting a rimmed baking sheet in the oven while it preheats. When you put the broccoli on the hot pan, it immediately starts cooking. 15 minutes, hands-off, in the oven. Yum!” To read more about or by April, visit April’s Kitchen Counter.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 head fresh broccoli, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a rimmed baking sheet in the oven as you preheat it to 425.
- Toss the broccoli florets (and sliced stems, if you like) with the olive oil in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Remove the hot baking sheet from the oven and carefully place a sheet of parchment on it, then pour out the broccoli into an even layer.
- Roast the broccoli for 15 minutes, or until your desired degree of doneness. Ideally, the broccoli will be just tender with some crusty browned edges.