Roasted Asparagus with Shaved Parmesan
This recipes comes to us from our Executive Director Lynn Barendsen and her son Luca. Lynn writes, “Roasted asparagus with shaved parmesan is a recipe we came up with years ago, and it’s an easy one for cooking with kids. We used to have to top our greens (asparagus, spinach, escarole) with all kinds of things to entice our boys. We’d try toasted almonds or Parmesan or garlic or sometimes all three—anything to get them to eat green veggies. Somewhere along the line, they stopped caring about the toppings as much and now they’ll eat the greens with or without. During the summer months, we’ll often grill the asparagus, which is equally delicious.”
- 1 bunch asparagus
- Parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Wash and dry asparagus. Trim ends off of asparagus.
- Spread asparagus in roasting pan, sprinkle olive oil over the top and coat evenly by hand. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, squeeze lemon juice over asparagus and stir gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with freshly shaved parmesean.