Dinner Tonight: September 12, 2018
This recipe originally appeared on Red, Round or Green, where it’s noted that you can marinate the chicken and freeze it, uncooked. The sauce can also be used for pork, beef or seafood.
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients (tamari through ginger) and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 7-10 minutes, until fragrant and slightly reduced. Allow the sauce to cool before marinating chicken.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the chicken breasts in a shallow dish or zip-top bag. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours before cooking.
- Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 5-6 minutes per side. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, boil the leftover marinade in a saucepan for at least 5 minutes (to be sure there are no active bacteria from the raw chicken) and drizzle over the cooked chicken.