Honeydew with Mint and Ginger
Make sure your honeydew melon is nice and ripe, and if you can’t find ripe honeydew, use cantaloupe.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1″ piece of ginger, cut into medallions
- 1 honeydew melon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Combine the sugar, water and ginger in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Turn off heat and let the ginger steep in the hot syrup for 10 minutes. Remove the ginger and let the syrup cool.
- Pour the cooled syrup over the honeydew and sprinkle the melon with mint.