Dinner Tonight: October 19, 2018
Clancy Harrison's Easy Mac and Cheese
Dietitian Clancy Harrison provided this simple and comforting recipe for a family favorite!
- 1 box elbow macaroni
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2-3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt or to taste
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. flour or corn starch
- In a large pot, boil pasta until almost done (al dente), drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking,melt the butter over low heat in a pot and add milk. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, coat the cheese with flour. Slowly add shredded cheese to milk mixture and continue to stir. Cook until thick and creamy. Add salt to taste.
- Add pasta to sauce and mix well. If you want a thinner sauce, add more milk. If you want a thicker sauce, use less milk.
- Optional- pour mac & cheese in a casserole dish. Top with shredded cheese top and broil until browned.