Dinner Tonight: March 19, 2018
There’s nothing like a piping hot bowl of soup on a cold or rainy day. This lentil soup recipe packs a nutritional punch with protein-heavy lentils and delicious veggies.
This recipe was provided by Ramona Hamblin. Check out more of her recipes in her cookbook: just cook here’s how.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups of water
- 4-6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 14 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- ½ lb. brown lentils, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- First, rinse the lentils, chop the onion, peel and chop the carrots and peel the garlic cloves.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil
- Sauté onion until translucent.
- Add everything else
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for about an hour.