Green Salad with Infinitely Variable Vinaigrette
Bottled salad dressings can be a time-saver, but they can also be expensive and filled with preservatives and additives. An easy vinaigrette puts the control back into your hands. Making the dressing for the night’s salad is an easy but important job that be given to one of your kitchen helpers.
Flavor ideas include:
Olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, thyme.
Olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, pinch of paprika, honey.
Canola oil, lime juice, chili powder, honey, garlic.
Olive oil, white wine vinegar, chives, mustard.
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar of your choice, lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil, or a light vegetable oil of your choice
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh herbs or 1 teaspoon dried herbs of your choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sugar, brown sugar or honey to taste, optional
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, optional
- Spices or other seasonings to your taste
- Place your dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting screw-on lid.
- Shake, shake, shake until everything is well combined. Add salt to taste. If things taste too tart, add a little sugar or honey.