This recipe was provided to us by Brenda Thompson, blogger and recipe developer at Meal Planning Magic.
- In a medium bowl, stir together diced tomatoes, cheese and basil. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to ½-inch thickness. I like to put the chicken in a resealable bag and use a meat mallet to pound the chicken for the least mess. If you don’t have a meat mallet, you can also use a rolling pin.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and saute 1-2 minutes on each side to sear and create a golden brown color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce and garlic in skillet; add chicken. Top with tomato, cheese and basil mixture, pressing onto chicken.
- Bring sauce to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 15 minutes or until chicken has reached a safe internal temperature of 165°F.
- Top with breadcrumb cheese mixture just before serving. We like to serve this with a wild rice pilaf and garden salad.