Sauteed spinach is a quick and versatile side dish. You can also use chard, kale or any hearty green your family likes. To customize the dish, try adding a squeeze of lemon juice, some Parmesan shavings, or toasted almonds.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. fresh baby spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add the spinach to the skillet and toss. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well, and serve immediately.