Dinner Tonight: January 2, 2020
Chef Nate's Sausage Fusilli
This recipe was provided to us by kid Chef Nate, who says it’s a quick, easy and delicious pasta dish. Chef Nate nominated this Sausage Fusilli as one of the back-to-school dinners that makes him smile on a busy weeknight!
- 1 lb. of ground sausage meat
- 1 pound of fusilli pasta
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- A dash of fennel seeds
- 2 lemons
- 8 oz white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Cook the fusilli in boiling water according to package directions.
- Combine the olive oil and butter in a large cast iron skillet.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add your sausage meat and fennel, and cook it until golden brown.
- Add the juice and zest of the lemon, stir, and after about 5 minutes, pour in the wine.
- Stir, reduce heat, cover, and let reduce by half.
- Drain the fusilli and add it into the sausage mixture. Stir until the pasta is well coated.
- Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and a lemon wedge.