Dinner Tonight: January 15, 2021
Whole Wheat Dutch Baby
A Dutch baby is an oven-puffed pancake that’s easy to make and works perfectly for a family dinner or family breakfast! This whole-wheat version comes from team member Bri, who makes it frequently for her kids. Top your Dutch baby with berries or another fresh fruit for a healthy and delicious twist.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar and cinnamon, optional, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the butter in a square (8×8) baking dish. Place the dish in the oven while it preheats, to warm the dish and melt the butter.
- In a blender, mix the flour, sugar, milk, eggs and vanilla. Blend at high speed until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Remove the hot dish from the oven. With the blender running, carefully pour the melted butter from the hot dish into the batter. Swirl the dish so that any remaining butter coats the bottom.
- Pour the batter into the hot baking dish and return to the oven. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, until the Dutch baby is very puffed and golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon, if desired, and serve warm.