Red, White and Blue Chia Parfaits
These chia pudding parfaits are a fantastic quick breakfast, snack or dessert. We’re making them with summer berries for a red, white and blue theme, but you can substitute almost any fruit you like. The parfaits can be made up to two days in advance and stored in the refrigerator for a grab-and-go option!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or blueberry jam
- 2 cups blueberries, raspberries or chopped strawberries, or a mix of your favorites
- Mix the coconut milk, chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside to soak for 20-30 minutes.
- When the chia seeds have plumped up and the mixture has the texture of tapioca pudding, you’re ready to make your parfaits. (If you prefer a smoother texture, you can combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for 2-3 minutes at high speed before setting aside for 20-30 minutes.)
- In the bottom of each of four Mason jars or deep glasses, spread a layer of 2 tablespoons of jam. Top with a quarter cup of chia pudding.
- Layer a quarter cup of berries of your choice onto the chia pudding. Top with another layer of pudding and a final layer of berries.
- Eat immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.