Dinner Tonight: December 16, 2020
Beef, Brown Rice, and Broccoli Stir-Fry
This recipe is from the Vermont WIC program, and appears in their Eat Well Cookbook.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice (try quick-cooking varieties)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound beef steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In frying pan, brown beef with garlic in oil over medium-high heat.
- Lower heat. Stir in broccoli and onion; stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. 4. Add soy sauce. Stir in cooked rice, heat thoroughly. Serve.