This recipe was inspired by an appetizer from a now-gone Mexican restaurant called the Forest Cafe in Cambridge, Mass. It has just four ingredients and is done in 15-20 minutes. Even better, it’s simple enough to be made, start to finish, by your kids!
- Clean and trim ends off of green beans. Dry thoroughly.
- Finely chop garlic.
- Cover bottom of large sauté pan with olive oil, heat on medium/high heat until oil shimmers.
- Put green beans in pan (careful – will splatter). Cook, stirring frequently, until beans start to lightly brown.
- Push beans to one side, pour in garlic with some more olive oil and sauté for a minute. Don’t let garlic start to brown (garlic will get bitter). Mix garlic with beans.
- Pour in lime juice and cook for another minute, remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.