Dinner Tonight: August 21, 2017
Asparagus Bread Salad
This recipe for a hearty side or light supper came from our friends at Edible Pioneer Valley. To make it a main dish, you may want to increase quantities.
Image via Edible Pioneer Valley, courtesy Dominic Perri Photography
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 thick slices rustic bread
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 bunch radishes, greens removed and reserved, cut into quarters or halves
- 4 cups fresh spinach or Swiss chard leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the vinegar and oil in a small jar with the mustard and a pinch of salt and shake well to combine.
- Toast or grill the bread until crisp and golden. Cut or tear bread into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine the bread cubes, asparagus, radishes and their greens, and spinach in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.