Although Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to show people we care, thinking about how we treat others can happen year-round.
Here are a few conversation starters to get your family talking about thoughtfulness and kindness.
2-7 Years Old:
- What was one caring thing that each person sitting at the table has done for you in the last week?
- If you are sick or sad, what can someone do to care for you?
- What is one way that you take care of yourself?
8-13 Years Old:
- Outside of your family, who are the people in the world that care for you during a day or a week?
- What’s one act of kindness that you have done for someone in the last 6 months?
- Think about someone your family knows who could use a pick-me-up or a helping hand. Who is it and what could you do for them?
14-100 Years Old:
- Who is a role model for you as a caring person? How could you incorporate some of their thoughtful behavior into your life?
- What is being done in your neighborhood to help improve it? What could you do to join the effort?
- What is one thing you can do for yourself in the next week that would help you take care of yourself?