Dinner Tonight: September 25, 2019
Chicken with Orange Sauce
This recipe was shared with us by the Alaska Department of Health and Human Services, and appears in their Cook With Your Children While Using WIC Foods cookbook.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2.5c orange juice
- 3 T cornstarch
- ½ c hot water
- 3T honey
- ¼ tsp ground ginger (optional)
- In a skillet, brown chicken breasts in 1 T oil over medium heat. Cook until chicken is done and juices run clear.
- Add orange juice to the pan
- When juice just begins to bubble around the edges of the pan, add cornstarch that has been dissolved in ¼ cup hot water.
- Mix ginger and honey in a cup, and add to orange juice.
- Cook until sauce is thick and slightly browned.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!