Dinner Tonight: November 1, 2017
Baked Chicken Parmesan
This simple baked chicken recipe is perfect for busy families. You can even start marinating the chicken in the morning, which makes evening dinner preparation a snap. To get your kids involved, have them stir the breadcrumb mixture or sprinkle the mozzarella cheese!
Kids can also help out by preparing homemade salad dressing for the marinade. Check out our infinitely variable vinaigrette for recipes.
For an extra twist, add a pasta of your choosing!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Italian dressing (for marinating chicken)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Spaghetti sauce, homemade or jarred
- 8-10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Marinate the chicken breasts in Italian dressing for at least 30 minutes (you can do this step in the morning if you want, to make the evening preparation quicker).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour breadcrumbs in a large bowl and add Parmesan, garlic powder, and a dash of salt and pepper.
- Dip marinated chicken into breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and cook chicken until brown on both sides.
- After browning, place chicken in shallow baking pan and pour your favorite spaghetti sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly.