Dinner Tonight: January 4, 2017
This recipe was provided to us by Jamie Bero, who was featured in our August 2016 newsletter for logging an impressive 58 family dinners in 60 days using our Dinner Tonight tracker. Jamie serves the chicken with (sometimes on top of) a BLT Salad with Buttermilk Dressing for a complete meal. You can save the bacon strips that you’ll cook in Step One of the recipe to crumble into the salad, or pop them in the refrigerator to top an omelet or baked potato on another night.
Photo Credit: April Hamilton
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce or wing-style sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove and cool on a paper towel, leaving the drippings in the skillet for the chicken.
- Combine the panko with the parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Toss the chicken cubes with the hot sauce, then dredge in the panko and parmesan mixture until fully coated.
- Cook the chicken cubes in a single layer in the drippings from the bacon (you may have to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan), turning occasionally until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.