BLT Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
This salad is good on its own, but its creator, Jamie Bero, serves it with her Bachelorette Chicken recipe (as shown). You can store the dressing in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Photo Credit: April Hamilton
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For each serving of salad:
- 2 large handfuls of fresh salad greens (romaine, spinach or a combination)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 strips of crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 of an avocado, chopped
- Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together in a large bowl, or shaking in a sealed Mason jar.
- Arrange the greens in bowls or on plates for serving. Top with the tomato, avocado and bacon.
- Drizzle each salad with 2-3 tablespoons of dressing and serve.