Fish is a healthy alternative to other meats and this recipe works with almost any firm white wish you’ve got. This recipe comes to us from the US Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health.
Have your junior chef help out by crushing the cornflakes with a rolling pin or fingers! More advanced jobs include making the substitute buttermilk, if needed, or creating a dipping sauce (for homemade tartar sauce, mix 1/2 cup low fat yogurt, 3 Tblsps. low fat mayo and 1/3 cup pickle relish).
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Clean and rinse fish. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot sauce and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt and onion powder with crumbs and place on plate.
- Let fillets sit briefly in milk mixture, Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish. Use a baking rack for this.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake from 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.