Dinner Tonight: April 6, 2021
Main Dish Taco Salad
This recipe was provided by the Onondaga Cornell Cooperative Extension, from the United Way of Central New York WIC Cookbook.
- ½ pound 90% lean ground beef or turkey
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped (~3-4 onions)
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped (~1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ (10 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- ¾ cup salsa
1. Cook meat with the seasonings in a pan.
2. Remove from heat.
3. In a large bowl, mix lettuce, onion, tomatoes, kidney beans, cheese, and meat.
4. Put tortilla chips on 5 plates and top with salad.
5. Top with salsa. Serve right away.