Dinner Tonight: April 1, 2021
Greek-style Slow-roasted Pork Shoulder
This recipe is designed for the slow-cooker; if you don’t have one, put the ingredients into a Dutch oven or covered casserole dish and braise in a 300-degree oven until the pork is tender, about 2-3 hours.
- 3-4 lbs. boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup broth, beer or red wine
- Put the meat into your slow cooker, and pour on dry spices and brown sugar. Flip the meat over a few times in the stoneware so the spices are kind of stuck to all sides. Peel garlic cloves and add whole. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, honey and cranberries. Top with bay leaves. Pour in the beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily with a fork. Strain the garlic cloves, bay leaves and cranberries and serve meat over rice or pasta, or on your favorite sandwich rolls.