Who knew it was so easy to make whipped cream? Grab a shaker with a metal agitator ball–or a tightly lidded plastic container–and shake, shake, shake! This is a perfect opportunity to get the kids in on making part of the meal. Dollop some of the whipped goodness on top of fresh berries or other desserts.
- Fill your container about halfway (or less) with whipping cream. This will allow room for the cream to grow.
- Hand the container to an enthusiastic child. Encourage jumping, running, singing, dancing, and rolling on the floor while keeping the closed container in motion.
- Take turns shaking the container, checking the cream every few minutes.
- Once the cream has reached the appropriate loft, shake in confectioner’s sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it tastes just right.
- Dollop on berries or other fruit. Enjoy!