Team member Paromita shared this recipe, which is a specialty of her dad’s. “My dad worked in a corporation for 35 years,” she says, “and when he retired, he had no idea what to do with his free time. He started fiddling around in our kitchen and now he’s a bona fide maker of meals who may even be catching up to my mom! The influence of the corporate world may still be on my dad, though, as he often seeks our appraisal of his product. For instance, if he’s making this recipe, he’ll ask ‘Isn’t this Tandoori Chicken the best you’ve ever had?’ and I’ll respond, ‘Yes, it is…now can I take a bite?'”
We’ve slightly adapted Paromita’s dad’s recipe to include a version that doesn’t require tandoori masala, which may be difficult to find in some areas. Both versions are equally delicious, especially when served with naan bread!
1. Mix the yogurt, oil, ginger, garlic and spices thoroughly in a large bowl.
2. Cut the chicken thighs in half and add the chicken to the marinade. Toss to coat thoroughly.
3. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange the chicken pieces on a baking sheet.
5. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes, flip, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Serve warm with naan bread or rice. Garnish with freshly squeezed lemon juice and slices of onion or bell pepper, if desired.