This recipe was provided by the Onondaga Cornell Cooperative Extension, from the United Way of Central New York WIC Cookbook.
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped (~1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped (~1/2 cup)
- 1 can corn (14-16 ounces)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (14-16 ounces)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can tomato soup or 1¼ cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- In a skillet brown ground beef and drain fat.
- In a large pot mix the remaining ingredients.
- Add cooked beef to mixture.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes