This s’mores bar is a fun dessert idea that we featured in our book Eat, Laugh, Talk: The Family Dinner Playbook. You can use it to feed a crowd, or just to liven up a Friday night at home! Follow our suggestions for s’mores fixings or use your imagination to create your own. And there’s no campfire required!
- 1-2 bags marshmallows, depending on how many people are making s’mores
- 1 box graham cracker sheets, broken in half
- 1 sleeve chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 sleeve fudge striped or mint-chocolate cookies
- 1 bag chocolate peanut butter cups
- 1 jar chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 bag caramel-filled chocolate bars
- Lay out all of your ingredients on separate platters and be sure to remove any wrappers before you begin.
- Toast marshmallows. Ideally this would be done over a campfire, but when a campfire isn’t available, they can be toasted over the flames of a grill, the burner flame of a gas stove, or even under an oven broiler for 30 seconds or so. (Put them on a foil-lined baking sheet and watch carefully!)
- Let everyone use the toasted marshmallows to make their own gourmet s’mores creations!