“Yoga Night” Skillet Eggs and Vegetables
Our Executive Director, Dr. Anne Fishel, shares this recipe for what she jokingly refers to as her “yoga night dinner.” “It’s the recipe I make when I finish work at 6 and need to be back out the door half an hour later,” she says. Serve these skillet eggs and vegetables with some crusty bread on the side and dinner’s done!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups of raw vegetables, cut into chunks. Use what you have on hand: peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, asparagus, kale, mushrooms, cauliflower….
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the other vegetables and cook until they soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs one at a time on top of the vegetable mixture, arranging so each has a
little room around it.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Put the whole saucepan in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes (less if you like your yolks runny, and more if you want them totally firm).
- Serve immediately, with crusty bread.