Recipe courtesy of Connecticut Food Bank, adapted from New Haven Cooks, A Project of City Seed.
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 5 fresh tomatoes or 1-15oz can
- 2 Red peppers (sweet), chopped
- 1 hot pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 eggs
- Sauté the onion in oil in a 10- or 12-inch fry pan.
- Add the vegetables, spices and sugar. Cook for about 15 minutes on low heat with the lid halfway on pan, stirring frequently.
- Crack each egg on top of the hot tomato mixture in a separate place. Cover and continue cooking on low heat until the eggs are cooked to the desired firmness.