This recipe comes from Chef Anne Quatrano, via the America’s Sunday Suppers guide from our friends at Points of Light. Anne suggests serving with biscuits or cornbread for a Southern-style meal, but you could also serve this with rice.
- In a large skillet, render the bacon until it’s crispy. Remove and reserve.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in the bacon grease.
- Remove all but 1-2 tablespoons of grease from the skillet. Add the onions and sweat until they’re translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and juices. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Turn off the heat and add the reserved bacon back into the skillet.