During late summer, a variety of flowers is available and can contribute to a delicious dish. Marigolds and cucumber flowers will make a lighter and more fragrant plate, while thyme flowers and mustard flowers will be spicier and more herbaceous.
This dish is great over quinoa or amaranth. This recipe comes to us from Geoff Lukas of Sofra.
Instruction for scallops:
1. Dress the scallops with EVOO and salt.
2. Sear to a deep golden brown on one side. Flip onto a tray and allow to rest 1 minute.
3. Dress the grape quarters and pea greens with the remaining EVOO and salt.
4. Plate the scallops along with the salad.
5. Garnish with the vinaigrette and flowers.
6. Serve with quinoa or amaranth.
Instructions for roasted grape vinaigrette:
- Dress the grapes with 2 Tbsp of EVOO and salt.
- Roast in a 400F oven until blistered and soft.
- Set aside to cool.
- Slowly stream in 2 Tbsp of EVOO with the vinegar until mostly smooth and blend in the grapes.