Roasted Sweet Potato and Green Bean Salad
Team member Bri DeRosa shared this recipe with us from her blog Red, Round, or Green. She notes that it can be served hot or cold, so it’s a great choice for picnics and potluck dinners or meals on the go!
4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut in 1-inch cubes (approximately 2 medium potatoes)
2 cups green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
3 tablespoons apple butter or honey
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. chili powder
¼ tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a large sheet pan, toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. black pepper until evenly coated. Roast at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. Remove sweet potatoes from the oven. Add green beans to the pan and stir. Return the pan to the oven and continue to roast for an additional 10 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together Honey Apple Butter, Dijon mustard, olive oil, ½ tsp. salt, ¼ tsp. chili powder, and ¼ tsp. black pepper.
5. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss until evenly coated.