Quinoa is an ancient grain that is tiny, crunchy and tasty. You cook it using the same boiling method as rice! One cup of dry quinoa cooked in two cups of water is enough to feed four people.
You can add pretty much whatever you’ve got in your fridge or pantry to this simple salad, but here’s our favorite combination.
This recipe comes to us from FDP’s own Chef Robin.
- Start with one part quinoa and two parts water.
- Bring water to a boil, then add quinoa.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to very low for 15 minutes.
- Let the quinoa cool, then mix together with all the other ingredients.
- Add light Italian salad dressing.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.