Customize this “pizza” with any toppings you like. Turn it into several personal pizzas by making it in mini pie pans or small gratin dishes. Don’t like polenta? Substitute leftover mashed potatoes!
- Heat oven to 400° F. Oil a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2¼ cups of water to a boil. Whisking constantly, slowly add the polenta. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, until the polenta starts to pull away from the side of the pan, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Using a spoon, spread the polenta over the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, mozzarella, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture over the polenta and bake until the polenta is crisp around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.