Pocket Fruit Pies
This is a fun recipe to get your kids involved in making! You can use whatever fruit you have on hand: peaches, pears, apples; you name it, it’s delicious!
This recipe comes to us from the Kansas State University Cooperative Extension Mission Nutrition program and the USDA. Check out more recipes here.
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 peaches, pears, or apples
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm tortillas in microwave or oven to make them soft and easy to handle.
- Peel and chop fruit into pieces.
- Place 1/4 of the fruit in half of each tortilla.
- In a small bowl, stir together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Roll up the tortillas, starting at the end with the fruit.
- Place on an un-greased baking sheet and make small slashes to allow steam to escape. Brush with milk and sprinkle with additional sugar, if desired.
- Bake until lightly brown, about 8-12 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.