Pickled Sungold Tomatoes
This recipe came from the late Chef Geoff Lukas and is featured in Dr. Anne Fishel’s book Home for Dinner: Mixing Food, Fun and Conversation for a Happier Family and Healthier Kids.
- 1 pint Sungold tomatoes
- 2 (1-inch) sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash the tomatoes and remove any remaining stems. Lay them out on a cloth or paper towel to drain away excess water.
- Prick each tomato with a needle or push pin (this will keep the tomatoes from bursting in the liquid). Place the tomatoes and rosemary in a heat-proof container.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small pot and bring to a full boil, stirring well. Allow the liquid to cool 5 minutes and pour over the tomatoes.
- Let the tomatoes sit at least overnight; the flavors will deepen and mellow over time. Refrigerated, the tomatoes will keep for at least one month.