FDP Executive Director Lynn Barendsen shared this childhood favorite. “I grew up in a 17th century farmhouse in Connecticut,” she recalls. “We had multiple apple trees in our yard and one amazing peach tree that gave us fantastic peaches every summer. The only problem was that they were all ripe at once, and we could never manage to eat them before they went bad. This recipe is one of many options my mom came up with to keep us eating peaches during that annual peach week!”
1. Press the raspberries through a fine mesh sieve, over a small saucepan. Add water to the puree in the saucepan.
2. Stir the sugar and cream of tartar into the raspberry puree in the saucepan.
3. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
4. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Allow the sauce to cool before using (it will thicken slightly).
6. Scoop ice cream into bowls and top with peach slices. Pour raspberry sauce over the ice cream and peaches and enjoy.