Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner?
If you have frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit, these are great to throw in the batter before cooking. Of course they’re also great topped with fresh berries and whipped cream. Pancakes are just good, period!
This recipe comes from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook.
- Beat milk, butter and egg lightly in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and add them all at once to the first mixture, stirring just enough to dampen the flour.
- Lightly butter or grease a griddle or frying pan and set over moderate heat until a few drops of cold water sprinkled on the pan form rapidly moving globules.
- If you want small pancakes, drop about 2 Tblsps. of the batter onto the pan, or pour about 1/4 cup if you want larger pancakes.
- Bake on griddle until cakes are full of bubbles on the top and undersides are lightly browned.
- Turn with a spatula and brown on the other sides.
- Place finished cakes on a warm plate in a 200 degree oven until you have enough to serve.