Pan Fried Pork and Bean Burritos
- 1 lb pork shoulder, cooked in slow cooker ahead of time
- 1 envelope of taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup pork broth from cooking
- 1 can refried beans (16 oz)- can substitute pinto beans or black beans
- 6 flour tortillas (12 in)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Cook pork in a slow cooker on medium for 8 hours or until done. Let cool and shred with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pork, broth, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture on tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and fold the sides.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat the oil. Brown the burritos on all sides.
- Serve with salsa, greek plain yogurt, or your favorite rice dish.
Freeze option: Individually wrap cooled burritos in paper towels and foil. Freeze in a plastic freezer bag. To use, remove foil, place paper towel-wrapped burrito on a plate and heat in microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until heated through, turning once.