Overnight Caramel Pecan French Toast
Overnight Caramel Pecan French Toast from our friends at GoodCook is an easy, make-ahead brunch dish that’s perfect for holidays and special occasions. Roasted pecans, brown sugar, and a buttery cream sauce caramelize over thickly sliced French bread for the ultimate decadent breakfast. Prepare this Overnight Caramel Pecan French Toast the night before and let your holiday morning be deliciously stress-free!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 baguette, sliced into 3/4” thick pieces
- Nonstick baking spray
- Spray a 9×13” baking pan with nonstick spray or line with parchment.
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and heavy cream.
- Once smooth, stir in 1 Tbsp vanilla and pecans, remove from heat. Pour into the bottom of the prepared 13×9 pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 1 Tbsp vanilla.
- Dip both sides of each baguette slice into the egg mixture. Place atop caramel in pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook, bake in an oven heated 425 degrees for 20 minutes.
- To serve, use a spatula to flip french toast upside down. Serve and enjoy!