No Bake Oatmeal Date Bites
These no-bake oatmeal date bites are a great snack or sweet treat, and they’re easy to make! You can experiment with all kinds of different combinations — swap in different nut or seed butters, try a range of spices, or see how you like them with different dried fruits.
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
- 1/4 cup salted toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Put the dates in a small bowl and cover them with hot water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates, reserving the soaking liquid.
- In a food processor, combine the dates, almond butter, oats, pumpkin seeds and spices. Pulse until the mixture is pureed.
- The mix should hold together when you squeeze it. If it’s too dry, add some of the soaking liquid. If it’s too wet, chill for 20 minutes before proceeding.
- Roll the date mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 5 days.