Lemony Chickpea Salad
This lemony chickpea salad is extra-lemony, thanks to a whole lemon dressing that only takes seconds in a blender! You can experiment with adding different vegetables and herbs if you want to shake things up.
- 1 small lemon, washed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- Cut the lemon into cubes and remove any seeds.
- In a blender, combine the cubed lemon, garlic clove, rosemary, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. The dressing should be thick and cling to a spoon.
- Combine the chickpeas, onion, celery and cucumber in a large bowl. Slowly add the dressing, mixing well to coat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Serve cold or at room temperature.