Layered Black Bean Dip
Black beans are a super healthy vegetarian protein source. Get your little chefs to help you mash the beans and spread the ingredients in the dish.
This recipe comes to us from the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Onondaga County Good Food Cookbook and the USDA. Check out more recipes here.
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa (thick and chunky)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light)
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 oz. reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Mash beans and mix with onion powder, dried oregano, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Spread on a serving dish.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, green onions and grated cheese.