Check out Junior Chef Elijah’s instructional video about making hummus!
- 1 can chickpeas (with about half the liquid from the can)
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame tahini
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Open can of chickpeas and pour about half the liquid into a measuring cup. Set aside this extra liquid for later.
- Pour chickpeas into blender.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl (or less, if you prefer it less lemon-y). Toss out any seeds and pour the liquid into the blender.
- Peel one clove of garlic and drop into blender.
- Add tahini.
- Add olive oil.
- Add about 1 tsp of salt–it’s best to start with less and add more if you want.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- If the hummus is too thick, add some of the liquid you saved in the measuring cup and blend again.