Honey Roasted Apples and Beets
This simple side dish from our friends at GoodCook pairs roasted beets and apples with a buttery honey citrus sauce and dollops of tangy goat cheese. Honey Roasted Apples & Beets are perfect as a holiday side or with a quick weeknight dinner.
- 3 large beets, peeled and wedged
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large Pink Lady apples, wedged (you can also substitute another cooking apple as needed)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch cinnamon
- 4 oz goat cheese or triple-cream brie
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place beets in a 9×8.5” or 9-inch square baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper lightly. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Add apples, butter, orange zest, honey, vanilla, cardamon and cinnamon. Toss to coat. Return to oven and roast 15 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and immediately place dollops of cheese around the pan.
- Top with pistachios. Garnish with thyme, if desired.